So now that you’ve purchased your Bdellium Tools brushes, you want to know how to take care of them to keep them in top notch quality. Remember, it is important to have the right makeup brushes, but it is even more important to keep them clean, sanitized, and well taken care of. We recommend that you clean your brushes regularly with our powerful, yet super gentle Bdellium Tools Brush Cleanser.
How to CLEAN your brushes:
Materials needed: Bdellium Tools Brush Cleanser in Citrus Lemon or Ocean Breeze, warm water, a towel, time, patience & gentle care
- Take the brushes and wet them under running warm water. Be sure to keep the bristles of the brush facing down. This helps to prevent water from seeping into the ferrule (metal piece holding the handle & bristles together) or handle.
- Swirl the brush bristles in the Bdellium Tools Brush Cleanser to create a lather. Work the bristles of the brush back and forth on the silicone cleaning pad (located in the cap) to remove makeup residue.
- Run the brush (bristle side down) under clean water to help rinse off the shampoo. Repeat this process until all makeup residue and soap has been washed away.
- Squeeze out excess water and lay brush flat to dry on a towel.
- Allow brush cleanser to dry completely before storing away.
- It is highly recommended to dry your brushes with the bristles facing down to allow gravity to help pull any water that may have seeped into the ferrule/handle out. You can also, prop up your brushes so that they are at a 45° to help facilitate the drying process.
- Do not dry your brushes with the bristles standing up. This will cause water, soap, or any other liquid you have used to seep into the ferrule & handle. This will compromise the quality of your brushes.
- Do not dip or fully submerge your brushes into a reservoir of water.
- Make sure to wash your brushes regularly to help them stay clean and beautiful!